Eneza Education is an affordable virtual classroom that offers universal access to quality learning for primary school and high school students, teachers and entrepreneurs. We’ve reached over 1,800,000 lifetime users and have over 400,000 average monthly active users on SMS, feature phones and Android smartphones. Eneza plans to be in 5 geographies by the end of 2018.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant serves as the primary contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to his/her office. Part of this would mean acting as a liaison to the Board of Directors, Investors and other stakeholders. To be successful in this role, you must be creative and enjoy working within a small entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal candidate must have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, have high organisational skills, be a strong communicator and be able to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion is key for this role, as is being able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
● Accomplish a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, prioritizing incoming information and requests, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential and maintaining contact/correspondence records, and compiling documents for meetings .
● Plan and coordinate the CEO’s schedule and ensure it is followed and respected. This will require weighing up different matters and prioritizing what needs his/her immediate attention and what can be scheduled for later/redirected to other senior managers.
● Research, prioritise and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO including those of a sensitive and confidential nature.
● Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of particular projects, and manage a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organisational impact.
● Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
Board Support and Investors Liaison
● Serve as the C.E.O’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors.
● Assist Board members & investors with travel arrangements and accommodation as needed.
● Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with the Board members and Eneza Education Investors.
● Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board and Board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before the monthly Board calls and any other meetings.
● Manage Investor database by keeping track of emails, contacts and other relevant documentation.
Senior Management Liaison
● Schedule management meetings and take minutes. Follow up on the action items to offer any assistance in closing them out.
● Assist in coordinating the agenda of team meetings.
● Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans.
Communication, Partnership and Outreach
● Ensure that the CEO’s brand is continuously growing and updated by researching on speaking opportunities, coordinating invites to events (Tech, Educational, Entrepreneurial, etc) and updating his social media pages.
● Work with the CEO to prepare speaking points for presentations and interviews and to also script the responses for any follow up questions.
● Follow up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
● Taking the lead in managing the office space for the staff, including managing leasing agreements, phone/internet/other telecommunications, technology, office furniture and equipment, and vendor relationships.
● Any other duties as assigned by the CEO from time to time.
● Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
● Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
● Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
● Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
● Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
● Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
● Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
● Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Education and Experience Requirement
● Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
● At least 5 years experience as an Executive Assistant, with a preference for African experience in education or technology.
● Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising.
● Advanced or Proficient knowledge in MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Google Apps & Media web platforms.
How to Apply: If you believe that you are just what we need: send your resume and an introduction letter letting us know why you would be a great fit to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.