Eneza is a social enterprise with a mission of making 50 Million students in rural Africa smarter by leveraging low-cost mobile technology. So far, we’ve reached over 1.2 Million students across 10,000 schools in Kenya with our virtual tutor on SMS. In 2015, Fast Company ranked us as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Africa. The Eneza Team is fast-paced, passionate and hardworking. We are headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya.
The role of the Account Manager is extremely important to our organization. The Account Manager is expected to work directly with the VP of Partnerships and other Managers as needed.
Responsibilities are as follows:
1. Identifies development potential in accounts by studying current business; interviewing key customer personnel and company personnel who have worked with customer; identifying and evaluating additional needs; analyzing opportunities.
2. Initiates sales process by building relationships; qualifying potential; scheduling appointments.
3. Develops sales by making initial presentation; explaining product and service enhancements and additions; introducing new products and services.
4. Develops new applications by preparing specifications; conferring with product engineering.
5. Closes sales by overcoming objections; preparing contracts.
6. Contributes information to sales strategies by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer reactions.
7. Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
8. Setting sales and marketing revenue goals based on our business model
9. Continuously create and implement brand strategies
10. Consistently follow up with all sales and marketing team members, keeping them accountable to marketing goals during a given time period.
11. Improve our user retention by iteration of current sales and marketing strategies
12. Creating and experimenting with strategic new sales and marketing mediums.
13. Provide recommendations to our sales and marketing team by collecting, compiling and analyzing data.
1. 5-8 years of experience in sales and marketing, preferably in Startups in growth stage
2. Must be fluent in English and Kiswahili; precise grammar and spelling is a must. Impeccable English is expected. You should always win at Words with Friends.
3. Proficient in Microsoft or Mac (iOS) systems & love Google calendar.
4. Must be excellent at building business models and setting goals
5. Must be able to set goals and inspire their team. This requires a passion for our work. You have to LOVE education, our work, and our young Team, even when times are stressful.
6. Clear communication is a MUST with all team members and partners
7. Must be able to predict challenges and provide solutions in a timely manner.
8. Must be a glutton for feedback and have extreme attention to detail.
9. MUST love research and reporting.
10. Must be an excellent negotiator.
11. Willing to travel internationally and locally
12. Must be extremely focused and a CRITICAL thinker
Please send your CV and a brief introduction letter to email@example.com. We will respond to convincing applicants