Eneza Education seeks to fill the vacancy of its VP of Partnerships position. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply till 31ST of October 2016. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Eneza is a social enterprise with a mission of making 50 Million students in rural Africa smarter by leveraging low-cost mobile technology. So far, we’ve reached over over 1.2 Million students across 10,000 schools in Kenya with our virtual tutor on SMS. In 2015, Fast Company ranked us as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Africa. The Eneza Team is fast-paced, passionate and hardworking. We are headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya.
The role of the VP of Partnerships is extremely important to our organization. The VP of Partnerships will build new market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. The VP of Partnerships is expected to work directly with the Chief Business Development Officer.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead the account and relationship management and sales plan for Eneza Education.
- Identify strategic opportunities for Eneza capabilities through a strong understanding of Eneza’s business including billing strategy across all product platforms.
- Develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share
- Consolidate existing relationships and expand Eneza’s reach within multiple parts of the partner organization and the utilization of Eneza’s products and services
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of projects with Eneza
- Report to and interact with senior management and executives to indicate the status of the partnership progress
- Implement short, medium and long-term strategic opportunities/products/services through excellent project management working with internal and partner teams
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Lead the development of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and negotiate contractual relationships
- Continuously review Eneza and market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches that ensures that Eneza’s business objectives are met as well as grow the Eneza’s business
- Work within cross-functional teams (internal / external) that include representation from Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the partner and the Eneza organization
- Support the Strategic Partnerships and executive team in developing the overall expansion strategy
- 5-10 years’ relevant industry experience with a minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in the sector, with related business development or strategy consulting roles.
- Strategic, analytical thinker who consistently challenges the status quo and constructively challenges the team to aim for higher ground
- Vision and passion for our business, with high energy and intelligence
- Personal commitment to Strategic Partnerships discipline and best practices
- Process oriented, with a high attention to detail and quality on both internal team work and products brought to new market
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial and nimble, while also able to navigate a global environment
- BA required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred Must be an excellent negotiator.
- Willing to travel internationally and locally
- Must be extremely focused and a CRITICAL thinker
Please send your CV and a brief introduction letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to convincing applicants