Eneza Education is East Africa’s #1 Mobile Learning Platform for 10 – 25 year old learners in rural areas. Our mission is to make 50 million kids in rural Africa smarter! Our platform offers affordable DIY diplomas and live teacher chat for primary school, high school, teacher development and entrepreneurship. Over 2 million lifetime users and 400,000 monthly active users on are turning to Eneza to complement their learning on SMS, feature phones and Android smartphones
As a Digital Marketing Intern, you will be responsible for execution of Social Media campaigns in-line with the strategies provided by respective managers. You will be expected to work directly with the Brand & Social Media Lead together and other Managers as needed.
- Regularly update social media platforms associated with our Brand in-line with the content plan provided, with an aim of maintaining & growing followers, and converting them to users of our products.
- Collect data on different platforms & compile reports to monitor effectiveness of Social Media Campaigns.
- Keep abreast of existing competition in relation to education & technology companies through evaluating customer research, monitor market conditions and analyze competitor data with the aim of shaping our messaging to reflect industry trends.
- Collect data on our internet products with the aim of creating and experimenting on retention & acquisition strategies.
- Monitor activity on our social networks to resolve any concerns that may arise.
- Research on content in-line with Education Technology with the aim of creating a content wish list for sharing on the different social media platforms to enhance our brand visibility
- Work with the Brand & Social Media lead to create content for our online platforms.
- Generate ideas and execute social media campaigns with an aim of becoming the authority in education and technology across ALL social media platforms.
- Attend education & technology related events with the aim of marketing our products offline and online.
- Photography during ALL our events for brand positioning both online and offline.
- Any other tasks given to you by your manager either in writing or verbally.
- BA in Marketing/Communications, or related field.
- 1 year experience in digital marketing.
- Be able to showcase a portfolio of previous social media campaigns.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of data in marketing strategy.
- Equipped with the tools for the job (a laptop).
- Basic knowledge of photography and graphic design software.
- A good communicator with excellent oral & written skills.
- In-depth working knowledge of the different social media platforms.
- Great attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, self-driven, detail and customer oriented, with good multitasking and organizational ability.
- Is passionate about working in an edtech startup environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 1st June 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.