Eneza Education is East Africa’s #1 Mobile Learning Platform for 10 – 25 year old learners in rural areas. We offer device agnostic, localized, interactive learning content and live teacher chat for primary school students, high school students, teachers and budding entrepreneurs. We’ve reached over 2 million lifetime users and have over 400,000 monthly active users using feature phones (via text) and smartphones in Kenya, Ghana and Tanzania. Eneza plans to be in 10 geographies by the end of 2018.
As a Learning Director for this team, you will be required to determine the learning paths for our growing number of users per country, execute the learning path with your team and the product, technology and business development teams. You will also manage a dynamic team of full time content support and part-time content creators, editors, quality assurance officers and content relationship managers.
- Prioritizes the content roadmap through market and futurist research (within and outside of the basic curriculum)
- Leverages teacher networks, schools, content institutions, social entrepreneurs and other partners to create and adapt content
- Builds a happy team of amazing teachers, curriculum designers, quality assurance officers, learning analysts and data clerks
- Builds a fast, scalable (eventually online) and effective recruitment pipeline with efficient processes for our remote workers (content creators, teachers, data clerks, translators, etc)
- Advise technology and product teams on improvements to our content management platform to improve content processes e.g. communication, assigning of modules, feedback and rewards
- Implements standards for measuring academic/social impact from internal data through the high quality curriculums (e.g measuring memorization, gathering user feedback, analyzing students’ areas for improvement)
- Runs workshops and events for schools/partners to test and promote content
- Facilitates accreditation of content where applicable
- Kills it at determining how kids will learn on a platform that allows real-time evolution of content and learning
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education.
- Over 3 – 5 years of experience managing a team, preferably in content development.
- Must be fluent in official written communication; precise grammar and spelling is a must.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and other tools.
- Must be able to set goals and inspire a team. This requires a passion for our work.
- Clear communication often is absolutely necessary; you have to like being on the phone.
- Willing to travel internationally.
- Must be a glutton for feedback and have extreme attention to detail.
- Experience in training facilitation of adult learners is an added advantage.
How to Apply: If you believe that you are just what we need, send your resume and an introduction letter letting us know why you would be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.